How to Adopt a Pet
When you adopt a pet from a shelter or other rescue organization, you save lives.
When you adopt an animal from Houston Pets Alive, you are saving not one, but two lives- the life of the dog or cat you are bringing home and the next dog or cat we can save in his or her place.
- Step One: Find the right DOG or CAT and fill out the adoption application form online. We will contact you within 24 hours of receiving your application.
- Step Two: Meet your new potential family member. Come to our shelter at 8620 Stella Link Rd between 12p-6p daily or Email adopt@houstonpetsalive.
org to find out which adoption event this animal might be at.
- Step Three: Come to the shelter to sign the adoption contract and pay the adoption fee. The current fee schedule is $75 for cats and $150 for dogs.
Learn more about our weekly adoption events here.
Our Promise To You:
- We do our best to ensure healthy, adoptable animals by providing a pre-adoption assessment and veterinary care.
- We assess each animal’s temperament to the best of our ability, and provide as much information as possible regarding the animal’s behavior and personality.
- Each pet you adopt from HPA! is:
- current on vaccinations
- spayed or neutered
- microchipped (plus one month of free pet insurance by registering the microchip)
- heart worm tested (for dogs over 6 months old)
Our Goals for Adoption:
- To find responsible individuals to adopt
- Raise the awareness and availability of shelter animals as loving companions and fantastic family pets
- Decrease euthanasia rates in shelters by pulling animals directly from at-risk lists and providing these animals visibility and exposure to the community
- Raise awareness about the importance of spay/neuter for population control