Find true love at HPA!
We measure success by the joy our animals bring into their forever families’ lives! When you adopt from HPA!, you save two lives – the dog or cat you are adopting, and the next dog or cat we can save in their place.
So THANK YOU for choosing HPA!
How to adopt
- Click on Find Dogs or Find Cats to view available animals. You can click on each animal to learn more details about them.
- When you find an animal you’re interested in, you can click the “apply for adoption” button on that animal’s individual page, or complete the general dog application or cat application. We will contact you within 24 hours of receiving your application. Completing an application neither guarantees nor binds you to an animal.
- Meet your potential new family member. Once your application is approved, you can:
- (for dogs) attend our weekly adoption events – Saturdays* from 10am-6pm around the back of 2800 Antoine Drive (Note: you must have a completed adoption application to attend). *Occasionally a Saturday may be skipped. See our Facebook events page for confirmed event dates (updated weekly).
- (for cats) visit one of our partner pet stores (locations listed in the right sidebar).
- If it’s the right fit, you’ll sign the adoption contract and pay the adoption fee: $75 for cats and $150 for dogs.
Our promise to you
- We do our best to find the perfect pet for your family. We assess each animal’s temperament to the best of our ability and provide as much information as possible regarding the animal’s behavior and personality.
- Each pet you adopt from HPA! is:
- current on vaccinations
- spayed or neutered
- heart worm tested (for dogs over 6 months old)