Houston Pets Alive is committed to helping you keep pets happy and healthy. Here are some additional resources to help:
Tips for Lost and Found Pets
- Learn More Here
- Best Friends Animal Society is taking in pets from the hurricane. If you lost your pet during Harvey, please check your local shelter as well as Best Friend’s website.
Need Help With a Pet After Harvey?
Post on the following pages with the following information: Your name, contact information, your need, photo of the pet and your personal story.
Ask your friends to share as well! The more people that share, the more people can help.
Low Cost Vetting
Download a list of additional low cost clinics.
Rehoming A Pet
- Are you moving? Remember that getting a pet is a life long commitment and you promised this animal you’d keep it forever. Try your very hardest to find an apartment or home that allows pets.
- Do you have financial issues? Check out this amazing guide at Friends for Life’s website with financial options and organizations that can help you afford your pet.
- Different reasons? Post on the following areas asking for assistance:
- Need more information? Visit this page to find additional information on rehoming a pet based on what we have learned from successful adoptions.
- Need tips to market your pet? Download the Marketing for Adoption sheet.
- Find a list of No-Kill Rescues in Houston here. Keep in mind, rescues are much more likely to take a stray animal into their program if the animal has a foster home who can keep it until adopted.
Pet Friendly Housing
- Need tips on crate training your puppy? Learn more here.
- Need food for your pet? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.