How to Adopt:
When you adopt an animal from Houston Pets Alive, you are saving not one, but two lives- the life of the dog or cat you are bringing home and the next dog or cat we can save in his or her place.
- Step One: Find the right DOG or CAT and fill out the adoption application form online. We will contact you within 24 hours of receiving your application.
- Step Two: Meet your new potential family member. Email email@example.com to find out which adoption event this animal will be at or to make arrangements for a meet-and-greet with the foster family.
- Step Three: Sign the adoption contract and pay the $150 adoption donation here.
Unsure of which pet you want to adopt? Come to one of our adoption events and meet them in person.
Learn more about our weekly adoption events here.
- You must spend at least 30 minutes with the animal you want to adopt.
- You must fill out our application and speak with an adoption counselor.
- You must be at least 21 years of age.
- You must provide your drivers license number with current address.
- You must show proof of landlord approval or home ownership if you are considering a dog or puppy that might have visual characteristics of a pit bull terrier (even if they are subtle).
- An HPA!-conducted “meet and greet” with current household dogs is generally required for all adult dogs.
Adoption Fee Includes:
- Spay or neuter surgery
- Heartworm test on dogs over 6 months
- First or more vaccinations
- First or more deworming treatment
- Personality evaluation
- One month of pet health insurance
Accepted forms of payment include cash, credit/debit card, or money order payable to Houston Pets Alive! We’re sorry, we do not accept personal checks.