Staff Pick: Flora
HPA! does not have cats on site for casual viewing. Our cats are available in our partner pet stores or live in foster care.
Please note: cats and kittens at partner pet stores are available on a first-come, first-served basis to approved applicants. An approved application for a specific cat/kitten does NOT guarantee you that specific cat/kitten, and cats/kittens can NOT be put on hold.
How to adopt a cat:
- Step One: Find the right cat for you
- Scroll through our available kitties below. Click on a kitty you’re interested in learning more about. If you’re interested in adopting that cat, you can click the “apply for adoption” button on that cat’s page and fill out the application. Or, if you need help finding the perfect kitty for you, you can fill out the general cat application (click button above)! We will contact you within 24 hours of receiving your application.
- You can also visit one of our partner pet stores without applying online first. Information about a cat’s location is listed on the cat’s individual page.
- Step Two: Set up a meet and greet
- Once your virtual adoption application is approved, an in-person meet and greet will be arranged to meet the kitty, most likely at one of our partner pet stores. Please note: cats and kittens at our partner pet stores are available on a first-come, first-served basis to approved applicants. An approved application for a specific cat/kitten does NOT guarantee you that specific cat/kitten, and cats/kittens can NOT be put on hold.
- Step Three: Fill out the contract and pay the adoption fee
- Complete the adoption contract and pay the $85 adoption fee (which covers spay/neuter surgery, vaccinations, dewormer, and microchip).
- Step Four: Take home your new best friend
- Remember that it takes time for cats to decompress and get used to their new forever home!
- Send proof of a visit to your veterinarian within two weeks.
For questions about the adoption process or about a particular cat, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
*To celebrate Mother’s Day, we’re having an adoption special on all cats over one year old (marked by pink frame on photo)! Just note Mother’s Day in your application to participate and adopt your furever friend for just $25!*