Staff Pick: Dante
|**HPA! does not have dogs on site for casual viewing EXCEPT at weekly Saturday adoption events from 10am-6pm around the back of 2800 Antoine Dr. You MUST complete an adoption application BEFORE attending a weekly Saturday adoption event.|
Please note: puppies (and dogs) at the event are available on a first-come, first-served basis to pre-approved applicants. An approved application does NOT guarantee you a specific puppy/dog, and puppies/dogs can NOT be put on hold.**
How to adopt a dog:
- Step Two: Meet your potential new family member
- Once your application is approved, plan to attend our weekly adoption event on Saturdays from 10am-6pm around the back of 2800 Antoine Drive (Note: You must have a completed adoption application to attend.). If a foster is available prior, we may schedule private meet and greet appointments Monday-Wednesday. After Wednesday, all dogs not adopted are required to attend the event for meeting.
- Step Three: Fill out the contract and pay the adoption fee
- Complete the adoption contract and pay the $150 adoption fee (which covers spay/neuter surgery, vaccinations, dewormer, microchip, and heart worm treatment if applicable)
- Step Four: Take home your new best friend
- Remember that it takes time for dogs to decompress and get used to their new environment! Be patient!
- Send proof of a visit to your veterinarian within two weeks.
For questions about the adoption process or about a particular dog, email email@example.com.