Staff Pick: Timmy
|**Due to COVID-19, HPA! currently has no dogs on-site for viewing/meeting EXCEPT for weekly Saturday adoption events from 10am-6pm around the back of 2800 Antoine Drive. You MUST complete an adoption application below BEFORE attending a weekly Saturday adoption event.|
Please note: puppies (and dogs) at the event are available on a first-come, first-served basis to approved applicants. An approved application does NOT guarantee you a specific puppy/dog, and puppies/dogs cannot be put on hold.**
How to adopt a dog:
- Step One: Find the right dog for you
- Scroll through our available pups below. Click on a dog you’re interested in learning more about. If you’re interested in adopting that dog, you can click the “apply for adoption” button on that dog’s page and fill out the application. Or, if you need help finding the perfect pup for you, you can fill out the general dog application! We will contact you within 24 hours of receiving your application. Completing an application neither guarantees nor binds you to an animal.
- Step Two: Meet your potential new family member
- Once your application is approved, plan to attend our weekly adoption events on Saturdays from 10am-6pm around the back of 2800 Antoine Drive (Note: You must have a completed adoption application to attend.). If a foster is available, we schedule private meet and greet appointments Monday-Wednesday. After Wednesday, all dogs not adopted are required to attend the event.
- Step Three: Fill out the contract and pay the adoption fee
- Complete the adoption contract and pay the $150 adoption fee (which covers spay/neuter surgery, vaccinations, dewormer, microchip, and heart worm treatment if applicable)
- Step Four: Take home your new best friend
- Remember that it takes time for dogs to decompress and get used to their new forever home!
- Send proof of a visit to your veterinarian within two weeks.
For questions about the adoption process or about a particular dog, email email@example.com.