Sometimes, we have animals in our program that need a little extra help finding their adopter. They might be getting passed over for no apparent reason, or might be super shy and take a while to come out of their shell, or maybe they have an ongoing medical need that not all adopters are willing or able to take on. Whatever the reason, these animals are just as deserving of a forever home – they just need to find the right person! Is that you?
How to adopt
- View the animals that need you most below, or find a dog or find a cat from all or our available animals. You can click on each animal to learn more details about them.
- When you find an animal you’re interested in, you can click the “apply for adoption” button on that animal’s individual page, or complete the general dog application or cat application. We will contact you within 24 hours of receiving your application. Completing an application neither guarantees nor binds you to an animal.
- Meet your potential new family member. Once your application is approved, you can:
- (for dogs) attend our weekly adoption events – Saturdays* from 10am-6pm around the back of 2800 Antoine Drive (Note: you must have a completed adoption application to attend). *Occasionally a Saturday may be skipped. See our Facebook events page for confirmed event dates (updated weekly).
- (for cats) visit one of our partner pet stores.
- If it’s the right fit, you’ll sign the adoption contract and pay the adoption fee: $75 for cats and $150 for dogs.